Dates and booking
Birmingham / Bromsgrove
Building on the basics, AutoCAD intermediate training teaches existing users how to use the advanced features and commands available in the application.
You will learn a wide range of techniques, tricks and tips that most AutoCAD users are unaware of, that will bring you significant productivity gains and ensure you’re utilising the full power that AutoCAD offers.
- Setup and configuration of AutoCAD.
- Advanced use of layers.
- Dimensioning strategy and principles.
- Scaling with text and dimensions.
As with all of our AutoCAD courses, when you attend AutoCAD Intermediate training you receive:
- A comprehensive training guide.
- An e-certificate confirming successful course completion. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at existing AutoCAD users who want to take their use of the application to the next level.
Where does training take place?
Courses are available at our centres at Birmingham, Bristol, Milton Keynes, Reading and Sheffield.
Click here for details about our training centres.
Accredited AutoCAD training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Intermediate training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Intermediate training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Intermediate training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
You should be familiar with the fundamentals of AutoCAD, i.e. have attended AutoCAD Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge through other means.
Our guarantees to you
- a price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money;
- a training guarantee that you’ll learn the skills you need.
On-request AutoCAD Intermediate training also available
As well as our scheduled courses, AutoCAD Intermediate training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group.
On-request courses can be hosted at one of our centres or your venue. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in AutoCAD. See On-request AutoCAD training for details.
Training is based primarily on AutoCAD 2019, running on Windows. It is relevant to:
- All recent versions of AutoCAD – 2010 and later.
- AutoCAD LT and full AutoCAD.
Please contact us if you’re going to be using AutoCAD for Mac.
After course support
Following AutoCAD training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Payment for AutoCAD training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an AutoCAD training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Tables and Table styles
Building symbol libraries – never draw something twice!
Writing Macros for Customised Icons
Customizing the User Interface (CUI)
Referenced Drawings (Xrefs)
Working with Raster Images
Viewing Raster Image Information
Dimension Styles and Sub Styles
Creating a Dialog Box Using CUI for Dimension Tolerancing
Annotative Objects and Styles
Advanced use of Layer Groups and Filters
CTB Files (pen setup)
Setup and Configuration of AutoCAD
Discounts and bundles
To make your AutoCAD training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) AutoCAD training courses.
- Bundle prices if you attend AutoCAD Intermediate along with other courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get introductory-level AutoCAD training for less.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled AutoCAD course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking. If you qualify for more than one of the above discounts, choose the one that saves you the most.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
AutoCAD training bundle. Attend:
for £995 + VAT, saving £390 + VAT.
Bundle prices are calculated automatically when you book online.
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.